Monday, November 9, 2009

Napkin sketch


It's been 4 months since I've written on the blog. I've had so many moments with Faith and Erin these past few months when I wanted to grab the videocamera to capture a colorful chat that they were having or write down how each of them responded so wittingly to my questions. I will have to update you more on these thoughts later. But for now, I wanted to share a sketch of Faith given to us by a stranger while we were having lunch one Sunday. As we were eating, we did notice that this older gentleman was glancing over at us quite curiously. When we were done eating, he came over with a napkin in his hand. He told us that he made a quick sketch of Faith because he found her so charming. He complimented both Faith and Erin and went back to his table. Quite a random encounter. Have a look at the sketch.

1 comment:

Startup Wife said...

Your girls are absolutely beautiful, and I'm very moved by your story. Your daughter's memory will always live on in you and in her sisters, and I am so inspired by how you can turn such a deep loss into a means of reaching others. Prayers for you.

P.S. That sketch is such a neat gift!